Purchase, NY, United States
Executive, Manager, Accounting
Based in Purchase, NY, the Director of M&A is an integral member of the team driving strategic mergers & acquisitions and equity investments at MasterCard. The qualified candidate will be a member of a highly visible team partnering with business units to evaluate and execute M&A transactions in support of global growth strategy. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of M&A.
The role of Director of M&A will have the following main responsibilities
• Project Leadership
o Lead certain aspects of the acquisition process including business case development and review, valuation, creating due diligence work plans, coordination with financial advisors and investment banks and presenting findings to senior management
o Assist with organizing and leading cross-functional due diligence teams to assess risks and opportunities
o Coordination, negotiation and documentation of arrangements with external advisers (accounting, tax, investment bankers)
o Evaluate business cases including go-to-market plans for synergies and integration plan and costing
o Review and synthesize due diligence findings for executive management
• Target company facing role for less complex transactions
o Lead due diligence, acquisition discussions and negotiations
• Facilitate and lead discussions at executive meetings
• Assists in communicating the financial impact and risks of potential acquisitions & investments and recommends remediation actions
• Understand and communicate financial impact and risks of potential acquisitions & investments and recommend remediation actions
• Assist with creation of acquisition deliverables such as presentations to senior executives and Board of Directors, deal closing approvals, etc.
All About You:
• Bachelor's Degree, MBA or CPA preferred.
• Prior M&A, Corporate Development, Investment Banking or Transaction Advisory preferred
• Strong analytical skills including financial modeling, accounting and valuation experience.
• Solid understanding of financial concepts such as DCF, NPV, IRR, etc.
• Detail oriented with excellent communications (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Strong relationship building and partnering skills.
• Capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact
and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Website : https://www.mastercard.us/en-us.html