Whitley Penn LLP
Houston, TX, United States
Whitley Penn offers a full service tax practice and provides a wide variety of services. The diverse experience and knowledge of its tax professionals allows Whitley Penn to work with its clients to provide a comprehensive and practical tax plan and strategies including; Federal Income Tax Planning, Consulting, and Compliance Services, Corporation Tax Services, International Tax Aspects of U.S. Businesses Services, State and Local Taxation Services and Planning, Mergers and Acquisition Due Diligence and Planning. Whitley Penn offers a practical viewpoint that gives consideration not only to the tax issues but also the business and industry specific issues facing its clients. We serve a variety of clients from small-/middle-market companies to high-net worth individuals as well as public companies operating in multiple industries.
• Lead tax engagements, including planning and exciting tax engagements, managing client deadline expectations, completing returns and managing budgets.
• Review quarterly estimates, extensions, returns and year-end projections
• Develop and maintain a relationship with the client and proactively work with the client’s management to gather necessary tax information, identify issues and make recommendations for business improvements
• Research and consult on various tax issues
• Respond to IRS and state tax authority inquiries
• Supervise, train and mentor Tax Staff and Interns, including the review of staff prepared workpapers and evaluate performances
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of tax process and Internal Revenue Code
• Assist with business proposals, networking and recruiting opportunities
• Must be highly dedicated with a positive attitude, self-motivated, a team player who takes initiative and willing to learn
• 2+ years of public accounting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Master’s degree is preferred
• CPA or a CPA candidate
• Strong leadership, management, networking and mentoring skills
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
Whitley Penn LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Whitley Penn LLP
Website : http://www.whitleypenn.com/
Established in 1983, Whitley Penn has become one of the region’s most distinguished accounting firms by providing exceptional service that reaches far beyond traditional accounting. The primary mission of Whitley Penn – from its inception to today – has been to provide an unmatched level of high quality service to our clients. This is accomplished in three ways: Hiring the best of the best Having a detailed knowledge of the intricate business of accounting Constantly innovating to refine our practice