Target Brands, Inc.
El Segundo, CA, United States
Accounting, Executive, Manager, Operations
data-selector-name=jobdetails data-org-id=1118 data-job-id=12582811 data-google-job-id= data-apply-click-url=/job/ApplyClick>Director of AccountingApply NowJob ID:R0000033466Date posted:07/17/2019Location:1960 E Grand Ave, El Segundo, California
Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demand professional-strength formulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach) where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
The Director of Accounting & Fulfillment is responsible for the operational management and successful execution of the fiscal functions of the company in the areas of Accounting and Treasury. This role will provide overall department leadership in the selection, retention and development of team members.
• Lead the Accounting team by establishing and implementing goals for the accounting department.
• Identify financial business opportunities and develop a strategy/recommendation to address them.
• Identify and establish priorities for the Accounting team.
• Responsible for the development of all Accounting team members while ensuring business objectives/goals are met.
• Review, inspect and develop the quality of work performed by the Accounting team.
• Hire, train and develop Accounting staff.
• Lead the team responsible for the inventory management and replenishment function.
• Set goals and provides leadership to the Purchasing team which includes the purchasing manager and a team of two purchasing specialists.
• Work closely with the Merchandising and Marketing teams to ensure the right levels of inventory are maintained, maximizing in-stock levels, while minimizing the inventory write-off risks.
• Manage the 3PL logistics and fulfillment relationship, addressing any open issues and contract negotiations.
• Strategize with CFO and the Finance team to identify and implement projects that drive efficiencies within the accounting and finance function.
• Key stakeholder representing the accounting function to evaluate the downstream impact of strategic priorities on the accounting operations.
• Responsible for unproductive inventory analysis and providing recommendations to the Operations team.
• Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Ensure compliance with local, state and federal reporting requirements.
• Develop and implement accounting, billing and auditing policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
• Review Accounts Payable data entry to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and set up new vendors in Great Plains.
• Review Cash Management position with Treasury team and manage vendor payment schedule as needed.
• Complete month-end close duties related to inventory accounting including the completion of journal entries, account reconciliation and some accruals.
• Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives related to accounting.
• Support the budgeting process by providing reports of historical information.
• Act as the administrator for the corporate credit card, Fedex account and the PayPal account.
• Act as the Great Plains system administrator by setting up new users and security settings, implementing new modules and upgrades and other routine system maintenance.
• Participate in special projects.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance
• 8-10 years of experience in accounting, AP or treasury
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook); ability to learn new software and databases
• High attention to detail with strong analytical ability
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
• Experience with Accounting Systems; Great Plains a plus
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Target Brands, Inc.
Website : http://www.target.com/
Target Corporation operates general merchandise stores in the United States and Canada. It offers household essentials, including pharmacy, beauty, personal care, baby care, cleaning, and paper products; music, movies, books, computer software, sporting goods, and toys, as well as electronics that consist of video game hardware and software; apparel and accessories, such as apparel for women, men, boys, girls, toddlers, infants, and newborns, as well as intimate apparel, jewelry, accessories, and shoes.Further, it provides general merchandise through its Website, Target.com; and branded proprietary Target Debit Card and Target Credit Card. As of April 2, 2014, the company had 1,924 stores, including 1,797 in the United States and 127 in Canada. Target Corporation was founded in 1902 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.