Childress Klein Properties, Inc.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Oversee and manage the financial accounting process of the Division. Ensure sound control over accounting activities; provide a thorough understanding of the financial status of the division at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for the Division Senior Accountant include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepare or review internal and external financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis. This may include coordinating input from property managers or leasing agents, plus reasonability testing.
• Prepare construction loan draw requests in compliance with loan documents, and communicate with lender. Meet with Project Partners and Construction Managers to discuss current status of development projects, including costs spent to date and status of completion.
• Prepare journal entries, partner distributions, and division cash and tax projections. Analyze and report on budget variances.
• Review lease setup, aged receivables, management fee payables, wire transfers, journal entries and lease commission requests and calculations.
• Review and approve payables processed by the division, including verifying coding against budgets and ensuring proper disbursement approvals are made. Oversee the preparation of the Division bank reconciliations.
• Annual duties include preparation of tax return packages, budgets, and Management Review reports and reviewing property tax, insurance and common area maintenance (TICAM) reconciliations.
• Oversee and ensure compliance with all management and operating agreements. Research and resolve accounting issues with outside parties.
• Setup acquired properties in Yardi.
• Assist in preparation of due diligence items for acquisitions and dispositions.
• Identify opportunities and provide recommendations for improvements to current accounting policies and procedures. Oversee and manage the implementation of all approved process improvement plans.
Directly monitor and supervise the Division Accounting Team in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include direct input of interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and monitoring workload; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining of employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field; five years of professional accounting experience preferably in a commercial real estate property operations setting; one to two years of supervisory experience; proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook; experience with Yardi and SharePoint a plus; CPA required; or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical publications and journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret leases, purchase and sale agreements, closing statements, and property management & accounting agreements. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from tenants, customers and regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to partners, property managers, leasing agents, attorneys, vendors, clients, and third parties.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing, present a professional image at all times, gain the trust and confidence of others, work cooperatively with a variety of individuals, and always project a positive attitude.
Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables, using a logical thought process.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will spend a large portion of his/her time at a desk, although the employee may also spend a portion of time traveling in and around commercial properties and associated grounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, write, type, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a professional office environment that utilizes the “Open Office” concept. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Childress Klein Properties, Inc.
Website : http://www.childressklein.com