Mechanicsville, VA, United States
This position will be responsible for supervision of 6-9 AP associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
· Responsible for recruiting, training, development and performance reviews of a staff of 6-9 AP Associates and Clerks
· Provide daily direction and support to team, customers, and vendors ensuring timely and accurate invoice & payment processing
· Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external parties
· Provide oversight and direction for the stale check research & due diligence processes to include review, improvement and formal documentation of the procedures
· Oversee vendor statement reconciliations
· Review and evaluate departmental processes. Identify and implement improvements to support efficiency and strong financial controls. Document changes or processes as needed.
· Assist manager in enforcing adherence to Procure to Pay policies and procedures
· Analyze, resolve and answer complex or difficult issues presented by staff, management, executive team, customers and vendors
· Assist manager with development and monitoring of KPI’s
· Support the monthly close process
· Oversee weekly check runs and manual payment issuance processes
· Oversee and/or perform balance sheet account reconciliations
· Assist with all aspects of 1099 reporting
· Act as subject matter expert with system implementations and document training materials/procedures to support such projects
· Performs miscellaneous accounts payable functions and special projects as needed
Full Supervisory responsibilities for AP Associates and Clerks; includes directing the daily activities and evaluation of performance, providing feedback, training, performance reviews, etc.
Experience leading a team of individuals, in an accounting or business environment. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to make sound decisions and work with minimal direction, excellent time and resource management skills including effectively prioritization of individual & team tasks in a deadline oriented, ever-changing environment is required. The successful candidate must also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills; working with individuals at all levels. Advanced to expert level Microsoft Office Skills (Excel and Word) required. Experience with JDE AP (or similar large ERP system), Microsoft Access, PowerPoint and Accounts Payable experience strongly desired.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Accounting/Finance or Business Degree, minimum of 5 years related experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial disbursement controls. Sarbanes Oxley experience desired, but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, 100 pounds with help and/or assistance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment where moderate levels of noise, dust and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Website : http://www.amf.com