Lyondell Chemical Company
Houston, TX, United States
ONE HOUSTON CENTER-130
Lease Accounting (50249903)
Finance and IT
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell ( www.lyondellbasell.com
) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This position reports to the GPO – Lease Accounting and is responsible in the delivery of the Lease Accounting strategy and process performance outcomes for the global organization in line with the overall Record to Report (“RTR”) strategy. This role would also perform the end-to end process design for the defined Lease Accounting process elements and actively work with business/functional representatives of interfacing process elements (e.g. other RTR teams, GPU, Manufacturing).
Roles & Responsibilities
1. As it relates to the Lease Accounting process:
i) prepare monthly lease accounting journal entries and communicate with functional representatives and corporate personnel related to monthly lease accounting entries and related inquiries.
ii) prepare monthly account reconciliations for lease-related balance sheet accounts. Work with functional representatives on any reconciling items.
iii) coordinate with functional representatives to monitor lease activity and provide support related to lease accounting, as needed
iv) prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages generated from the Lease Accelerator Software (LAS) tool
v) perform reconciliation of lease accounting data from LAS module to the ERP system and the reconciliation of LAS contained lease accounting data to underlying data feeds; ensures completeness in the lease accounting process
vi) abstract, review and validate key data elements from new leases and lease modifications to be loaded to the lease accounting software
vii) perform lease determination and classification conclusions under US GAAP and IFRS
viii) assist in managing the LAS tool, including master data updates, accuracy of calculations, etc.
ix) assists in building, maintaining and updating global corporate lease accounting policies and asset tracking / management procedures
2. Contribute to an effective cross-functional team, with but not limited to, procurement, supply chain, manufacturing, accounting and treasury to establish and embed continuous improvement opportunities across the spectrum of tasks/activities/controls in the end-to-end Lease Accounting process.
3. Contribute to a culture of high performance within the team, ensuring the Company’s performance management process is embedded and completed within the timelines. This include initiating formal performance reviews to obtain real-time affirmative and constructive feedback that is linked to clearly defined and SMART objectives.
4. Initiate strategic discussions with customers including:
- agree on topics such as service offerings, joint objectives, common definitions of success;
- providing performance transparency;
5. Assist in the establishment and maintenance of a process to identify issues, perform root cause analysis and contribute to the establishment of appropriate mitigation plans to drive issues to closure.
6. Helps identify and prioritize process improvement opportunities and propose to the GPO – Lease Accounting and Process Architect RTR.
7. Assist the GPO – Lease Accounting in preparing SEC and IFRS lease-related information before submission, as needed.
8. Track process performance indicators and metrics and assist in providing explanation regarding trends in performance against benchmarks.
9. Supports in the development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate accounting procedures and process controls in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley and in compliance with corporate and accounting policies.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting is required.
• Professional Accounting Certification (CPA or Chartered Accountant) is preferred but not required.
• 3 - 5 years progressive experience in an accounting/finance function or role
• Exposure to lease accounting or property accounting is preferred but not required
• SAP experience and/or lease accounting software experience is preferred but not required
• Strong analytical, organizational as well as verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and ability to work within tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate and respond to questions from business operators and corporate personnel
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here
Nearest Major Market:
Lyondell Chemical Company
Website : http://www.lyondell.com