The American Red Cross
Richmond, VA, United States
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is yes, then we invite you to become a Fixed Site Phlebotomist for the American Red Cross!
As a Fixed Site Phlebotomist with the American Red Cross you will perform whole blood & platelet collection procedures with ourRICHMOND, VAgroup. Platelets are tiny cells in your blood that form clots and stop bleeding. For millions of Americans, they are essential to surviving and fighting cancer, chronic diseases, and traumatic injuries. Every 30 seconds someone in the U.S. needs platelets. And because platelets must be used within five days, new donors are needed every day.
To learn more about this role, watch this short video:A life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us.
Fixed Site Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities:
· Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
· Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
· Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
· Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood donors
· Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you're there
· Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
· Interact in a positive, proactive and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Fixed Site Phlebotomist describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list
Fixed Site Phlebotomist Qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required.
· Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred but not required.
· A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is required for travel between fixed site locations.
· Basic computer skills are desirable.
· Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs in weight and with up to 75 degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions.
· All staff work as a team to stock & prepare donor room equipment. This involves loading/unloading of vehicles, pushing carts up to 250 lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors.
· Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
** This is a sourcing requisition that is used to identify potential candidates for several similar positions currently vacant. If you are contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition Team, you may be directed to apply to a specific, active job opportunity. The candidate profile you build for this requisition can be used to apply for other American Red Cross opportunities.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Current Search Criteria
American Red Cross
Collection Specialist (Experienc...
DIRECTEMPLOYERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
PRIVACY & TERMS
DEjobs designed by:
back to top
The American Red Cross
Website : http://www.redcross.org
Each day, thousands of people – people just like you – provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world. We roll up our sleeves and donate time, money and blood. We learn or teach life-saving skills so our communities can be better prepared when the need arises. We do this every day because the Red Cross is needed - every day.