Prudential Financial, Inc
, NJ, United States
Finance, Manager, Accounting
Manager, Financial Reporting','PGI00082','!*!.
FINANCE OPPORTUNITY IN PGIM
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is a multi-manager that delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to clients. With offices located in 16 countries across five continents, PGIM is among the top 10 largest asset managers in the world, with over $1 trillion in assets under management. Each business maintains its own investment process and culture, allowing for a singular focus on delivering investment returns for clients. The PGIM businesses offer investors a wide range of investment strategies across asset classes and geographies, including public equities, public and private fixed income, commercial mortgages and real estate.
The PGIM Controllership team currently has an opening for a Manager supporting PGIM Fixed Income. Your role on this team will support senior management and other business partners in measuring and evaluating the financial performance of the businesses by providing timely, accurate financial reporting and insightful analysis of business drivers, while maintaining appropriate internal controls.
As a leader on this team, you are an individual who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and relish opportunities to play a key role in varied assignments, shifting priorities as necessary to meet the organization’s needs. You are able to clearly and concisely communicate with finance and business colleagues at all levels. You are committed to personal growth, eager to learn, and strive to make continuous improvements.
Ensure the accuracy, reasonability and completeness of GAAP financial results, including the balance sheet and income statement
Lead and oversee the monthly and quarterly financial close process, including review of journal entries and account reconciliations
Present the financial results of the businesses to various audiences, including senior management, by providing insightful and impactful analytics
Effectively communicate with counterparts in Financial Shared Services (FSS), the Line of Business (LOB) team and our foreign Controllership teams
Manage and supervise a staff resource
Oversee internal control standards to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other external accounting policies and standards
Review and implement new accounting guidance as needed
Initiate and drive enhancements to current process and procedures
Specific responsibilities for the position will vary over time based on business needs and other factors.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
· 5-7 years of experience in financial reporting or analysis
· Proven ability to analyze data and the underlying drivers of financial results
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with various counterparts
· Advanced degree and/or relevant certification (MBA, CPA, or CFA) is a plus
· Knowledge of financial reporting applications (Oracle, EFDW, Essbase) is a plus
· Previous related industry experience','!*!Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand. Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.','Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax','United States-New Jersey-Newark','','Full-time','','Manager, Financial Reporting
Prudential Financial, Inc
Website : http://www.prudential.com
For more than 135 years, Prudential Financial, Inc., has helped individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. Today, we are one of the world's largest financial services institutions with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock ®, an icon of strength, stability, expertise, and innovation. We strive to create long-term value for our stakeholders through strong business fundamentals, consistent with our mission guided by our vision and directed by our company's core values. We are committed to keeping our promises and to doing business the right way.