Continental Tire North America, Inc.
Auburn Hills, MI, United States
“If you are looking for a challenging yet very fulfilling opportunity, you should look at this Accounts Receivable Manager role. It offers a chance to hone your leadership skills with a diverse, high performing team, while expanding your network with our external customers, and across the entire company (BU’s, plants, Sales & other functions, etc.). Delivering best-in-company results in a way that develops people and yourself is extremely rewarding. So too is knowing that you are key to bringing home the funds that fuel the Continental engine in a region responsible for an asset valued at over a billion dollars. If you can motivate teams, problem solve, identify process efficiencies, interface comfortably at all levels, and regularly live the Continental core values, you may be a good fit for this exciting position – apply today!”
Responsible for supervising and guiding accounts receivable collections, deductions, and cash applications staff and their related activities.
Responsible for management of the accounts receivable functions including collections, deductions, cash applications and related closing and reporting activities.
Ensure accounts receivable collections are timely and related cash receipts are applied properly.
Ensure customer deductions are applied correctly and cleared from customer accounts in timely manner in accordance with established procedures.
Ensure monthly closing activities are performed timely and accurately.
Supervise a staff of 4 accounts receivable professionals, including interviewing, hiring, guiding, training & developing, goal setting and performance reviews.
Build a strong rapport with staff, internal customers and external customers to maintain a high performing and collaborative culture and to provide excellent customer service.
Drive strong receivable collections results monthly to achieve optimal cash flow and performance targets.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage collection activities and develop processes to improve cash flow and decrease receivables.
2. Manage customer deductions process and activities to ensure efficient recording, review, approval and disposition of deductions to approved financial accounts.
3. Manage cash applications activities to ensure accurate and efficient application of cash receipts
4. Ensure team staffing, resource management and administration activities are performed in a timely manner.
5. Provide technical leadership to team and coaching/development of new employees.
6. Develop and support employee training plans and career development.
7. Lead and oversee the closing process including monthly, quarterly and yearly.
8. Review and approve closing account reconciliations including bank accounts and related journal entries.
9. Perform customer account scrubs with individual analysts to ensure timely reconciliation and resolution of open items on customer accounts.
10. Perform customer cash receipts forecasts to support liquidity planning activities, and other forecasting requirements as needed.
11. Identify, develop and implement process improvement and harmonization opportunities.
12. Develop any new department process and procedures as needed and improve existing ones.
13. Oversee procedure for quarterly clearing to ensure aged receivable items are cleared from customer accounts.
14. Lead receivable results review meetings with business units and plants and interface with various teams.
15. Lead and support internal/external audits and internal controls activities such as GRC.
16. Lead weekly whole collections team account scrub to review all customer accounts and identify risks of late payments.
17. Design new performance indicators and metrics, and improve existing ones.
18. Manage and lead all escalation activities for overdue receivables as needed.
19. Supervise the monthly reporting activities including month end reporting and others as defined.
20. Build and maintain rapport with colleagues in business unit and plants to ensure cooperation and support for timely collection of receivables.
21. Support credit management in review of aged and bad debt accounts for purpose of supporting accrual activities.
22. Support regional credit manager in all credit management activities involved in management, escalation and resolution of overdue and uncollectible customer accounts.
23. Oversee monthly reporting activities to ensure all requirements are met timely and with accuracy.
24. Lead and support various projects and improvement objectives and initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• 7 years of relevant financial experience
• AR experience
• Leadership experience
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• 10 years of relevant financial experience
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive base salary and bonus structure we also offer these great perks:
• We offer health insurance, dental insurance and vision insurance that start on your first day of employment, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, 17 PTO days per year to start, and several other voluntarily/supplemental benefits
• At Continental, options such as part-time and flex-time hours create a structure that helps our employees balance work and private life.
• Business casual, including jeans.
• Culture, we are a team that loves to have fun and some of that includes company picnics, team events, networking opportunities, book clubs and more.
Continental Tire North America, Inc.
Website : http://www.continentaltire.com