HCA Holdings, Inc
Panama City, FL, United States
Finance, Healthcare, Accounting
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 218-bed acute-care hospital located in Panama City, FL. Its 460-member medical staff and more than 1,000 employees work hard to ensure its patients receive the highest quality of care every day. Their efforts have resulted in national accreditations for Chest Pain Center, Total Joint Replacement, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Spine, Stroke and Wound Care. The hospital was named a Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics and was awarded an A rating by The Leapfrog Group for four consecutive years. The hospital includes a 42-bed critical care wing, which includes a 20-bed adult-level Intensive Care Unit and the region's only four-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and 18-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
POSITIONSUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, the Financial Analyst applies generally accepted accounting principles and financial analysis in order to assist the Controller & Assistant Controller in the day to day operations of the Accounting Department. A collaborative relationship with other accounting staff is maintained. Individual proceeds on his/her own initiative in compliance with hospital policies & procedures.
* Completes assigned month-end entries and statistics timely
* Coordinates the Batchnet process for the facility.
* Assists with management of the Chargemaster process.
* Preforms in-depth analysis of financial activities and statistics for facility.
* Manages facility industrial accounts.
* Maintains facility contract records/filing.
* Assists with facility re-credentialing.
* Completes daily projection and statistical reports.
* Assists with departmental audits and deposits.
* Assists with Operational and Capital Budget process.
* Prepares assigned Medicare Workpapers for the Cost Report Package.
* Prepares assigned Year End Tax Work papers
* Assists with the maintaining the statistics in the PLUS Productivity System and preparation of daily reports for management.
* Assists with all financial audits, including Internal Audits, E&Y Audits, and Medicare Audits.
* Assists with auditing Physical Inventory.
* Monthly has all assigned balance sheet acct reconciliations prepared timely post close, with documentation to support the account balances.
* Ability to use/learn quickly computer programs as required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LAWSON AP Non-PO Workflow, Outlook, Pharmacy Passport for auditing, HOST, SMART, FAS, Onbase, Document Direct/CMOD, PLUS, Business Objects/Webi, etc.)
* Phone and communication skills to deal with Vendors, Dept Directors, Sr. Mgmt, and other hospital employees in a professional manner.
* Demonstrates ability to change and new ideas.
* Demonstrates skill in handling pressures, stress, and crisis situations.
* Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
* Assists in the preparation of financial reporting for internal and external users and regulatory agencies.
* Ensure compliance with Accounting Policy Guides (APG’s) as applicable to job roles and assigned entries and tasks.
* Ensure compliance with SOX 404 requirements as applicable to job role and assigned entries and tasks.
* Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
* All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* 4 year/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Financefrom an accredited institution
* None required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a healthcare setting
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Must have an understanding of general financial operations, preferably within a health care environment.
* Ability to learn new applications quickly and adapt to constantly changing environment with a positive attitude.
* Advanced Excel and analytical tool skills a plus (i.e. Oracle Smart View and experience with ad hoc report creation)
* Excellent communication and organizational skills required along with ability to meet deadlines under high stress and pressure.
* Ability to maintain a professional manner and capable of maintaining confidentiality of all material.
Job: *Finance Acctg Billing Claims & Revenue
Title: Financial Analyst, Full Time, No Weekends
Location: Florida-Panama City-Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00096-7698
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.