Houston, TX, United States
Accounting, Manager, Retail, Finance
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Oversee the General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Treasury, and A/P functions of the Retail Accounting department. Produce accurate monthly financial statements and timely regulatory reporting in accordance with established deadlines. Oversee and/or manage internal and external audit requirements. Provide leadership and coordination in all other areas of Finance and Accounting as needed.
Responsible for Monthly Financial Reporting Requirements
• Financial Statements including Disclosures required by Calpine corporate Accounting
• Monthly and Quarterly ISDA Reporting
• Audit liaison (internal and external)
• Daily cash forecasting responsibility, liaising with Calpine corporate Treasury on cash needs and distributions
• Daily and month-end cash reconciliation including GL review and posting of daily activity
Manage AP Department
• Oversee all AP functions including compliance with Calpine corporate procurement and payment approval policies and local AP staff supervision
• Liaise with Commercial and Operations Retail departments on operating spend budgets, production of forecast-to-actualization analysis and trend identification
• Manage Corporate General Ledger Activities
• Oversee all GL functions related to above areas (Journal Entry review/approval, Account reconciliation review, Analytical reviews, etc.)
• Maintain compliance with SOX requirements as applicable
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
• CPA preferred
• 5-10 years of related experience required including experience managing teams
• Experience preparing financial statements, budget and management reporting
• Energy industry experience preferred (retail power preferred not required)
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and leadership skills including ability to effectively communicate with accounting and other department heads
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
• Experience in streamlining system and process improvements with emphasis on
• efficiency and management reporting
• High excel proficiency (multi-conditional statements, data enrichment, V-lookups, pivots, macros, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
Website : http://www.calpine.com
Calpine Corporation is helping meet the needs of an economy that demands more and cleaner sources of electricity. Founded in 1984, Calpine is a major U.S. power company, capable of delivering more than 29,000 megawatts of clean, reliable and fuel-efficient electricity to customers and communities in 20 U.S. states and Canada. The company develops, constructs, owns and operates a modern and flexible fleet of low-carbon, natural gas-fired and renewable geothermal power plants. Using advanced technologies, Calpine generates electricity in a reliable and environmentally responsible manner for the customers and communities it serves.