Lockheed Martin Corporation
Bethesda, MD, United States
Oct 23, 2020
Feb 05, 2021
Description: Job Description:
Lockheed Martin Corporation headquartered in Bethesda, MD, Lockheed Martin (LMC) is a global security company that employs about 97,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. As a global security, aerospace, defense and Technology Company, the majority of Lockheed Martin's business is with the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. federal government agencies. In fact, Lockheed Martin is the largest provider of aerospace & defense services, to the U.S. Government. The remaining portion of Lockheed Martin's business is comprised of international government and some commercial sales of our products, services and platforms.
Lockheed Martin Investment Management Company
Lockheed Martin Investment Management Company (LMIMCo), established in 1997, is the named fiduciary for the investment of assets in Lockheed Martin sponsored pension, savings, and other employee benefit trusts. Our mission is to manage the assets entrusted to us with prudence, diligence, and skill. LMIMCo's obligation is to protect the interests of the benefit plan participants by enhancing the value of the assets. We operate solely in the interests of plan participants and beneficiaries, and with the care, skill, prudence, and diligence that a prudent individual acting in like capacity and familiar with such matters would use.
Our primary fiduciary responsibilities include the establishment of investment policies and strategies governing the investment of assets in various employee trust funds, and the appointment, removal, and monitoring of external investment managers and other service providers who exercise delegated authority over the investment and custody of trust Assets.
Job Description: Middle Office Trade Support Analyst
The Middle Office Trade Support Analyst plays a critical role in the Middle Office Operations department within Lockheed Martin Investment Management Company. The role is responsible for the support of day to day trading activities, portfolio reconciliation and ad hoc requests from the Investment Team. The LMIMCo Investment Team actively trades many different security types, both internally and via 3rd Party investment managers. The securities traded internally including equities, fixed income, derivatives (Futures/Options & OTC), FX, and Swaps (Interest Rates/Currency/Total Return). The Middle Office Trade Support Analyst will perform daily activities including trade confirmation, trade affirmation, trade reconciliation, trade corresponding cash movements and various other activities. The daily activities, require significant interaction with custodial banks, internal investment managers/traders, brokers and fund administrator.
Responsibilities to include:
- Working with the investment team to capture and book internal trades at custodian and third party administrator. Trade types include equity, fixed income and listed and OTC derivatives.
-Affirming and settling trades with brokers, DTC, trustee/custodian and prime brokerage.
- Acting as the liaison with custodian and third party administrators and identifying and resolving trade breaks (and other issues) with internal traders, brokers and custodians
-Managing and maintaining daily reporting of internal equities/commodity futures portfolios and reconcile regularly between Futures Commission Merchant, custodian and internal trading system.
-Execute ad hoc reporting requests from Investment Team.
- Work closely with Operations team to monitor cash balances and communicate findings to the Investment Team.
- Process cash payments related to OTC trades including options and swaps.
- Monitor upcoming settlements to ensure timely payments and receipts.
- Assist in setting up automatic feeds between custodian, prime brokers, third party administrator and broker counterparties.
- Utilizing Bloomberg AIM (Order Manageme
• A minimum of 6 years of investment operations (middle office) experience with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance (or other related degree)
• Ability to exhibit Strong Attention to details skills which are critical for booking trade confirmations and reconciliations.
• Experience with trade order management and/or portfolio management systems for Listed and OTC Derivatives, Bloomberg AIM is preferred.
• Past utilization of Advent Geneva or any other formal trade support accounting system.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Ability to maintain professional relationship with internal/external personnel
• Ambitious, self-starter with an attention to detail
• Effective time management and communication skills with the ability to organize a workload with competing priorities
• Attention to detail
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com