HCA Holdings, Inc
Nashville, TN, United States
HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute (SCRI) is the research arm of HCA's global cancer enterprise, Sarah Cannon. Focused on advancing therapies for patients, it is one of the world's leading clinical research organizations conducting community-based clinical trials in oncology, cardiology and orthopedics through affiliations with a network of more than 1,000 physicians across the United States and United Kingdom.
We believe our success is dependent on a healthy work environment where staff members are the core of advancing therapies for patients and accelerating drug development. We apply the same compassion and commitment we have for our patients to our co-workers and colleagues and promote an entrepreneurial culture.
Job Summary:Reporting to the Assistant Controller or Controller, the Accounting Manager is responsible for having a detailed knowledge of sound financial and accounting systems and processes. The Accounting Manager will oversee the routine accounting activities for the entities managed by the Division including month-end close, variance analysis, revenue recognition practices and statistical reporting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Oversee the activities of assigned staff; ensure they are providing reporting excellence in terms of customer service, timeliness, and quality of deliverables. Provide coaching and direction as required.
* Management, development and training of direct reports and their assigned staff.
* Direct the monthly close process for assigned business units to ensure completion within Company and Division reporting timetables
* Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations of assigned business units; identify variances and propose plan for disposition
* Ensure the timely and accurate processing of provider payments
* Assist with the preparation of weekly financial forecasts and annual budgets.
* Ensure that information for personal property taxes, income taxes, sales and use taxes and similar is prepared accurately and submitted timely
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
* Knowledge of healthcare accounting principles and GAAP
* Knowledge of accounting processes and information systems
* Knowledge of accounting systems integration and implementation
* Leadership skills – provide vision, plan, and deliver extraordinary results in a collaborative, team based environment
* Facilitation skills - drive plans, decisions, and resolve issues through groups or individuals
* Excellent communication skills - persuasive, encouraging, motivating, and inspiring; the ability to listen and understand; the ability to communicate the complex in simple terms
* Establish Relationships – develop strategic relationships within and outside of direct organization
* Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
* PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and project management software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
* Ownership – takes ownership of assigned responsibilities and follows through on outstanding issues
* Ability to speak and write in a clear and concise manner to effectively communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
* Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Ability to thrive in team environments as a member of team and developer of teams
* Ability to define vision and provide leadership to deliver on that vision
* Ability to partner with individuals at all levels of management
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 5-7 years experience directing the accounting process for a multi-entity service organization required
* 5-7 years of experience building and leading an accounting staff required
* Professional experience in accounting and/or auditing as a supervisor or manager with a healthcare organization preferred
* Joint Venture/Partnership accounting experience preferred
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k, paid time off medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Sarah Cannon Clinical Operations
Requisition ID: 25320-5727
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.