The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX)
Framingham, MA, United States
Are you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? Then try TJX on for size. You'll join a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support them by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that they bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Senior Financial Accountant
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Corporate Accounting Department. We are looking for a solid professional and a team player who can grow with us as we expand in the U.S. and abroad.
● Prepare journal entries and complex accruals to ensure accuracy of the General Ledger
● Complete P&L variance analysis and commentary for management review
● Issue expense reporting and analysis; meet monthly with non-Finance departments to review results
● Analyze trends and partner with Finance teams to update forecasts
● Prepare accurate and timely account reconciliations (including variance resolution)
● Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
● Perform special projects as necessary
● 3+ years of Accounting, Audit or related Finance experience
● Self-starter and highly motivated
● Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
● Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment and prioritize effectively
● Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships
● Advanced Excel skills, Oracle/ ERP experience a plus
● Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
WHAT&APOS;S IN IT FOR YOU?
TJX has campuses conveniently located off the Mass Pike and Route 495. With us, you'll not only enjoy working for an industry leader, but we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX)
Website : http://www.tjx.com
The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. 125 in the most recent Fortune 500 listings. With over $23 billion in revenues in 2011, more than 2,900 stores in six countries and over 168,000 Associates, we see ourselves as a global, off-price value retailer. TJX operates four major divisions: The Marmaxx Group (T.J. Maxx and Marshalls) and HomeGoods in the U.S.; TJX Canada (Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls); and TJX Europe (T.K. Maxx and HomeSense). In December 2012, TJX acquired Sierra Trading Post, an off-price internet retailer.