Middlebury Interactive Languages
Westminster, CO, United States
Part Time, Accounting
Advisor's job is to create an environment of success for students, provide training and support to students and learning coaches, communicate student challenges and successes to the team. Advisors must partner effectively with teachers, counselors, and administration to enhance student accountability and success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Serves as a single point of contact for all non-instructional issues after the completion of enrollment/course placement.
• Communicates individual student needs to teachers, counselors and school leadership for additional support.
• Maintains continual communication with students and focuses on stimulating student engagement every day.
• Generates focused and interactive live sessions utilizing tools with the goals of promoting student engagement and CPA culture.
• Observes and oversees student behavior with the purpose to provide a safe learning environment which promotes high academic expectations.
• Reports all incidents of concerns for the purpose of creating a safe atmosphere for all students and CPA as a whole, while adhering to school policies and state law.
• Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Provides 40+ hours a week, with the vast majority between the hours of 8 am -5 pm, to the responsibilities of the position.
• Develops and monitors of weekly academic plans and back on track plans.
• Contacts all students at least two times per semester by phone or in person depending on their needs within the MTSS model and school plan.
• Connects with learning coach twice per semester to review and highlight key areas of student growth, and engagement along with providing expectations and goals; monthly communication with learning coaches of struggling learners is expected.
• Examines academic progress and activity of students on their caseload on a daily and weekly basis and creates individual and small group intervention plans
• Conducts daily/weekly contact of students by phone who are showing signs of failure or struggling, based on grade to date, missed log ins, activity in a course and number of missing assignments to assist student in creating a personal action plan.
• Collaborates with all school personnel (academic , SST, Ops) with the purpose of providing key resources in order to increase student outcomes.
• Uses academic and engagement data to drive interventions to best support each uniquely independent student.
• Hosts weekly small group intervention sessions focus on student skill development
• Attends state testing trainings and participate in proctoring throughout the school year.
• Communicates Scantron /Study Island expectations to students.
• Provides enrollment support including supporting orientation, face-to-face sessions, along with support for late-start students
• Attends and actively participates in all face to face professional development meetings, weekly online staff meetings, along with weekly SST and advisor team meetings
• Contributes to the purpose and mission of CPA with a collaborative team approach with a solution oriented focus.
• Attends MTSS meetings with teachers and counselors
• Creates, conducts and implements online club and in-person community events
• Assists and hosts All School Assembly at the start of each semester
• E-Mails “Monday Morning Updates” to their caseload with the purpose of keeping communication/expectations clear.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
• Documents all student and learning coach interactions in Total View within 24 hours of student contact.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• A BA/BS is required
• 3+years of academic professional experience preferred
• Valid fingerprint clearance card or background check
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Able to take initiative and work independently, yet able to work on a team
• Detail oriented, excellent time management skills, and able to prioritize
• Excellent and timely written and oral communication skills
• Ability to schedule and hold a high volume of phone meetings with students/parents on a daily basis
• Open to feedback for continual improvement
• Able to take initiative and be a self-starter
• Demonstrated use of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Flexible, dependable and trustworthy with highly sensitive information
• Experience working with the proposed age group
• Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
• An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
• An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working in and educational setting
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
Middlebury Interactive Languages
Website : http://www.middleburyinteractive.com/
Middlebury Interactive Languages is a new company forged from a powerful combination of Middlebury College and K12 Inc. Over the past century, Middlebury has developed a tradition of excellence in world language education through undergraduate and graduate programs, with locations in sixteen countries, focusing on ten languages. K12 Inc. leads the nation as the largest provider of proprietary curriculum and online education programs for K-12 students.